Coquitlam Real Estate

    Nestled in the Lower mainland of BC, Coquitlam – mainly a suburban city is the sixth largest city in the province, and home to just under 125,000 residents. Located just 15 minutes away from Vancouver, Coquitlam residents enjoy mild temperatures with warm drier summers owing to the fact that the city is located in the warmest regions of Canada. The city was designated the Cultural Capital of Canada in 2009 for its contribution to the community’s economic development, quality of life and overall identity.

    Coquitlam is backed by a rich and vibrant history, and as a result is home to a multitude of cultural centres and sites including the Place Maillardville, Evergreen Cultural Centre, Place des Arts and Mackin House. In addition, the city also receives a surge of tourists each year for several reasons, most notably the 100 or more events that occur each year. Furthermore, Coquitlam is graced with a plethora of natural areas including municipal, regional and provincial parks such as the 430 acre Mundy Park, 404 hectare Colony Farm Regional Park, 175 hectare Minnekhada Regional Park and the astounding 38,000 Pinecone-Burke Provincial Park.

    Transportation and Education

    The city is served by the TransLink, which provides both major roads public transit. Commuter rail service to downtown Vancouver is provided by the West Coast Express, which operated 5 trains per day during peak hours. Residents of Coquitlam will be able to hop on an all new Evergreen Line starting the summer of 2016, which is being built at a whopping cost of $1,4 billion. This is just one of the many planned developments so there’s no better time than now to check out the homes for sale in Coquitlam BC.

    Served by the School District 43 Coquitlam, the city of Coquitlam is home to an abundance of elementary schools and middle schools and four public secondary schools. The David Lam Campus of the Douglas College located in the Town Center accommodates an upwards of 4000 students, and assists with career training, university transfer and academic-upgrading programs. The original main campus building offers animal health technology, hotel and restaurant management and therapeutic programs. Health career programs such as nursing can be pursued at the $39 million state of the art Health Sciences Centre at the Douglas College’s David Lam campus.

    Neighborhoods in Coquitlam

    Coquitlam is a mix of more than 10 neighborhoods so here are a few details on some of them to help you buy the best house in BC.

    Austin Heights – this Coquitlam neighborhood is a mix of commercial as well as residential developments, with prevalence of residential buildings compared to single family homes. 90% of the housing units are multi-family houses with the remaining 10% or so being city apartment dwellings.

    Cariboo/Burquitlam – if you’re looking to buy a home in this neighborhood, you will be spoilt for choice considering there are several new residential projects underway. With half the apartment units being rented, buying a house in Cariboo/Burquitlam is an unrivalled investment for property investors as well.

    Eagle Ridge – with over a quarter of all family homes in Coquitlam located in this neighborhood, Eagle Ridge is a property investors delight, and also offers a mix of single, family and duplex homes for sale. The 2001 census indicates that over a 75% of private dwellings in Eagle Ridge BC were constructed between 1970 and 1990, with another 20% built between 1991 and 2001.

    Maillardville – regarded as one of the oldest neighborhoods in Coquitlam, homes for sale in Maillardville BC evoke a distinct French Canadian Heritage, and there are several configurations to choose from including single family homes to multi-family homes.

    Coquitlam has received a surge of appeal in recent years for all the right reasons and exploring the BC houses for sale in this city is highly recommended.

    Top Neighbourhoods