Surrey Real Estate
With a population of just under half a million residents, Surrey slots in as the 12th largest city in Canada and 2nd largest in BC. If predictions come true, Surrey will become the most populated city in Metro Vancouver by 2020 considering this culturally diverse and one of the youngest city appeals to people across the globe. Surrey offers something special for everyone from visitors and residents to young and old and everyone in between. Surrey enjoys a convenient geographical location just a short distance away from the US border, and less than 40 minutes away from Vancouver International Airport.
Surrey is the perfect place to live, work and play, and with an astounding 800 new residents each month, it is arguably the best place to buy a home in BC. The list of reasons to buy a house in Surrey BC is rather extensive, but some of the noteworthy ones are listed below.
- Convenient and easy access to Vancouver International Airport
- Transportation network includes rail, a deep sea port and 6 major highways
- Two international US border crossings
- A mix of six town centres including Fleetwood, Cloverdale and Newton
- Low average annual rainfall and average summer and winter temperatures of 22C and 5C
- Awarded BC’s top employers in 2015 and for the 11th year in a row
- One of the fastest growing cities in Canada
Education in Surrey BC
Students in Surrey BC can choose from 99 elementary schools and 25 secondary schools. In addition, there are 23 independent schools including Montessori and religious academies to choose from. University students can enroll in either the Simon Fraser University or Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Surrey.
Communities in Surrey BC
Surrey offers a mix of 6 communities namely Cloverdale, Fleetwood, Guildford, Newton, South Surrey and North Surrey.
Cloverdale – once a large rural and agricultural community, Cloverdale has transformed into a bustling hub for commercial activity owing to its easy access to the various ports and railways. Home to the Surrey Archives and Surrey Museum, Cloverdale is woven with quaint streets and ancient buildings, which still retain their heritage for the most part. This community is witnessing rapid residential development, making it a great time to buy a home in BC.
- Whalley 308
- Fleetwood Tynehead 242
- Cloverdale Bc 240
- Grandview Surrey 212
- East Newton 211
- King George Corridor 188
- Elgin Chantrell 177
- Sullivan Station 164
- Crescent Bch Ocean Pk. 158
- West Newton 150
- Guildford 148
- Clayton 143
- Sunnyside Park Surrey 115
- Panorama Ridge 105
- Queen Mary Park Surrey 91
- Morgan Creek 90
- Fraser Heights 85
- Bear Creek Green Timbers 78
- Bolivar Heights 76
- Pacific Douglas 66